Care of Your Mare
Your mare is guaranteed excellent care, throughout their stay. Karen Raine owner & manager is a B.H.S.A.I. & B.H.S. Intermediate Stable Manager. As well as N.V.Q. qualified assessor. All mares are treated as individuals & any special feeding or care can be organised. Unsound mares, mares on box rest, mares on medication, mares recovering from lameness or surgery can all be looked after by our team of qualified staff & vets. Where required mares can go on our Horse walker either for exercise, to keep fit, or for rehabilitation.
We have a minimum of two fully qualified A.I Technicians who will ensure that all of the semen is handled and processed correctly prior to insemination. This ensures the best chances of pregnancy.
You don’t have to use our stallions to take advantage of our excellent facilities and experience. With our very competitive A.I/Vets packages mares are taken for A.I with fresh or chilled semen to any UK or EU stallion of the owners choice. We can advise on contracts and delivery arrangements for any prospective stallions. We will liaise with the stallions owner to take the hassle out if it for the mare owner. Our packages also include all of the correct paper work required to ensure your foal can be registered for a verified parentage passport.
By using A.I it provides a much safer environment for your mare as she will never meet the stallion reducing the risk of injury. A.I also allows smaller mares to be put to larger stallions. Fertility rates are increased as semen is evaluated and inseminated accordingly.
These are charged by the stud per cycle. In order to enable A.I to be carried out at the optimum time for the best chance of conception A.I is performed by one of the stud’s qualified A.I technicians rather than having to be timed round vet visits.
A.I to an on-site or walk in stallion £30
A.I to an off-site stallion £60- this includes all the liaising with the Stallion owner, checking semen health tests and fertility.
Fresh / Chilled Semen Package £280 Unlimited cycles during the 2018 stud season
Included in Stud Packages:
- All scans leading up to insemination
- A prostaglandin injection to bring your mare in to season if required
- A hormone injection or implant to facilitate the timing of ovulation if required
- A post insemination scan
- One saline flush of the uterus and single antibiotic treatment if required
- Management of twin pregnancies if required
- Up to three pregnancy scans
- All routine veterinary visits
Not included in Stud Packages:
- CEM swabbing and EVA blood testing prior to breeding
- A.I is NOT included this is charged by the stud
- Treatment of fertility problems such as chronic uterine infection
- Treatment of persistent uterine fluid (if more than one uterine flush is required)
- Sedation (which is sometimes required for safety reasons)
- Treatment of any non-breeding related issues
- More than three pregnancy scans
- Surgery to improve poor vulval conformation
- Any routine vaccinations
- Livery fees, semen shipping charges and stud fees for your chosen stallion
All mares must be stabled on full livery during the time they are being dealt with by the vet, daily turn out is available.
Barren Mare £16 per day
Mare & Foal £18 per day (stabled at night)
Mare & Foal stabled 24hr £20 per day
Daily charge for local mares coming in for the day for the vet £12 per day
Stocks charge for local mares coming in to use the stocks for the vet and going straight home (incldued in the daily charge) £5
Grass Livery – We have a few spaces for long distance mares to stay on grass livery whilst awaiting their scan
Barren Mare £9.00
Mare & foal £11.00
Plus hard feed using our Stud Mix +£2 per day
Mares for Weaning – Mare and foal keep fees are applicable
Weaning Fee £75
Keep Charges are per day so you only pay for the number of days you use. These charges are plus VAT apart from Grass Livery Charges